Date: July 15th, 2022
JCMS, Inc is looking for an Estimating Manager to join our team. The Estimating Manager will manage and supervise an Estimating Department, which includes in-house and in-field cost estimators. The Estimating Manager will be responsible for assigning staff to projects, monitoring work and performance, ensuring adherence to project budgets, and interfacing with clients where necessary.
Date: July 14th, 2022
JCMS, Inc is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Marketing Assistant to join our team. As the Marketing Assistant, you will collaborate with our business development and marketing team in all stages of activities related to conceptualizing and implementing business development and marketing strategies.
Date: June 28th, 2022:
JCMS, Inc. has openings for Project Schedulers in Mercerville, NJ and other unanticipated locations in the Northeast USA.
Duties: Review project documents including plans and specifications, meet with project stakeholders and prepare, maintain, and update project CPM schedule for construction projects using Oracle Primavera P6. Develop and assign activity codes, project codes, resource and cost assignment codes to schedule activities and prepare graphic charts, resource/cost histograms, tabular cost, schedule and resource reports and narrative reports for different levels of management. Present monthly analysis of project status for construction and upper-level management use. Perform academic research on environmental sustainability utilizing project control techniques.
Requirements:Master’s degree or equivalent in Construction Management, Environmental Science or related field with at least one (1) year of experience in job offered or related occupation. Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable. Travel/relocation may be required.
Send copy of resume/w proof of work eligibility to: HR, 1741 Whitehorse-Mercerville Rd., Mercerville, NJ 08619.EOE.
Date: May 31st, 2022
Project Controls Manager
The Project Controls Manager will manage and supervise a project controls department of approximately 25 in-house and field scheduling/project controls engineers. The Project Controls Manager will be responsible for assigning staff to projects, monitoring work and performance, ensuring adherence to project budgets, and interfacing with clients where necessary. Project/assignment types which this position will supervise will include schedule development (including design and construction schedules) on behalf of project owners, review of contractors’ schedules on behalf of project owners, preparation of baseline schedules and periodic updates on behalf of contractors, analyzing delays and claims, and related matters.
The candidate will be responsible for reviewing the work product/deliverables prepared by the in-house Scheduling/Project Controls Department and, therefore, should have expertise in all of the above areas. (Although the candidate will not be required to directly supervise field staff on a day-to-day basis, he/she will be responsible for monitoring their work at a high level and being aware of project needs.) In addition, a portion of the candidate’s time will be spent working on billable client projects as well.
In addition, from time to time, the Project Controls Manager may:
• Create and implement, in conjunction with the Senior Director of Technical Services, policies and practices for the department
• Report to the upper management the status of current projects, including budget, schedule, anticipated issues, and suggested mitigation measures as needed
• Assist in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and evaluation of staff
• Prepare and conduct training programs for scheduling/project controls engineers
• Assist in business development efforts, by attending industry events, helping write proposals, meeting with clients or potential clients, and the like
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field (a graduate degree is preferred)
• Certifications from AACE, CMAA, PMI-PMP/SP/RMP, or equivalent in planning and scheduling, construction management, project management, risk management, or related fields
• Excellent understanding of the principles of CPM scheduling theory and practice, schedule delay analysis, earned value analysis, and risk analysis
• 5-10 years of experience as a project controls engineer, with progressive responsibility on projects of increasing complexity (10+ years preferred)
• Extensive, hands-on, expert-level experience with Oracle Primavera P6, and familiarity with other PMIS software platforms
• Extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of scheduling described above, including schedule development, schedule review, and delay/claims analysis
• Experience with cost and resource loaded schedules
• Experience with earned value analysis and management
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative risk analysis is preferred
• Experience on transit projects, including rail transit, is strongly preferred, especially with transit agencies in the New York-New Jersey-Philadelphia region
• Experience on large and complex projects ($100MM+)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills (as a leader and as a team player)
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office products including advanced spreadsheet, report-writing, and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and management skills, ability to multi-task, and integrate easily into groups
• Prior management experience is preferred, but not required
• Willingness to learn, grow in the role, and contribute to and share in the Company’s growth
• Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated experience coordinating, planning, and organizing company initiatives
JCMS is a fast-growing medium-sized business and a recognized industry leader in project management, construction management, project controls, scheduling, cost estimating, and related fields. We offer competitive salaries, generous industry-leading benefits, flexible work schedules, and more. The Company pays 90% of the premium for health, vision, and dental insurance; offers a 401(k) Plan with generous company match; medical, dependent care, transit, and parking FSA accounts; and Health Savings Account (HSA), among other benefits.
This role is perfect for a driven, entrepreneurial self-starter who wants to be part of - and share in - the Company’s growth.